Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: stacked bar chart problem Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
kyrgyzbala
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 14 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote kyrgyzbala Replybullet Topic: stacked bar chart problem
     Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 10:07pm
Hi all, I need an urgent help, will highly appreciate if I get any.

So, I have a table in following format:

company   income    year
------- -------   -------
WA      15000000   2000
NY      9000000    2000
CA      7000000    2000
BC       5000000    2000
WA      2000000    2001
NY      3000000    2001
CA      8000000    2001
BC       1000000    2001
WA      15000000   2002
NY      9000000    2002
CA      7000000    2002
BC       5000000    2002

And I need to extract a stacked bar chart ,where for each year, there is a bar which is the sum of incomes for all companies and each bar is comprised of four different colored parts for four different companies respectively.

I tried to do play with chart expert, but couldn't manage to handle. There, it seem's that only solution is to show "year" filed for "on change of" and
"Sumf of income" for "Show value(s)". But in this case, I can not depict portions of incomes on the bar in different colors. In highlighting tab, I found conditions for the total amount of incomes,
but not like this one: "if company="WA" then blue" e.t.c.

Waiting for replies of experts :)
IP IP Logged
kyrgyzbala
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 14 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote kyrgyzbala Replybullet Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 12:24am
Hi everybody, I found a solution:

The solution is in using cross-tab. After reverting (transposing) the data format, when a chart element is put on the header part, among the "layouts" list, "cross-tab" layout options become active.

An there, you configure as:
on change of: year
subdivided by: company
show : income

That's it.

It may seem very easy for someone, but for newbies it will cost may be a couple of days or more.
I think Crystal Reports are not documented well, although deserves better.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum