|
Hi all, I need an urgent help, will highly appreciate if I get any.
So, I have a table in following format:
company income year
------- ------- -------
WA 15000000 2000
NY 9000000 2000
CA 7000000 2000
BC 5000000 2000
WA 2000000 2001
NY 3000000 2001
CA 8000000 2001
BC 1000000 2001
WA 15000000 2002
NY 9000000 2002
CA 7000000 2002
BC 5000000 2002
And I need to extract a stacked bar chart ,where for each year, there is a bar which is the sum of incomes for all companies and each bar is comprised of four different colored parts for four different companies respectively.
I tried to do play with chart expert, but couldn't manage to handle. There, it seem's that only solution is to show "year" filed for "on change of" and
"Sumf of income" for "Show value(s)". But in this case, I can not depict portions of incomes on the bar in different colors. In highlighting tab, I found conditions for the total amount of incomes,
but not like this one: "if company="WA" then blue" e.t.c.
Waiting for replies of experts :)
|
|
Hi everybody, I found a solution:
The solution is in using cross-tab. After reverting (transposing) the data format, when a chart element is put on the header part, among the "layouts" list, "cross-tab" layout options become active.
An there, you configure as:
on change of: year
subdivided by: company
show : income
That's it.
It may seem very easy for someone, but for newbies it will cost may be a couple of days or more.
I think Crystal Reports are not documented well, although deserves better.
|