Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Sub Report & Grouping Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
anu009
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Quote anu009 Replybullet Topic: Sub Report & Grouping
     Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 6:47am
Hi ALL
 
I have a reoport with five level of grouping.At fifth group there is a sub report which is bringing the count of records of the group 5 table.column in other table.
 
Since i need a sum of the count of the sub report value at group 3, i created a shared variable in to capture the value.
 
Now in group 3 i am getting the sum of the count but i am also getting unwanted rows in group 5 , if i supress the sub report does not run, if i dont then it does not bring the count.
 
Do you have any solution for this.I can explain you more if you want.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 8:53am
try putting the subreport in its own band.  I think it still executes if the band is suppressed.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
anu009
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Quote anu009 Replybullet Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 9:10am
what does in band means.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 9:42am
If it is suppressed it won't run at all.
If I recall, the trick is to place it on its own section (above where you need the value)
suppress all of the fields in the subreport
then suppress the section it is on (in the main report) as 'Suppress blank section'
this way it still runs but does not appear on the report.


Edited by DBlank - 13 Dec 2010 at 9:43am
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 11:39am
that sounds right...I remember being in a section by itself, but I thought I could suppress it...but I am probably wrong.  I don't use subreports much, much less needing to run them invisible.
 
Sorry, bands and sections ... Bands is what another reporting tool uses as its 'Sections'
 
IP IP Logged
anu009
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Quote anu009 Replybullet Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 11:58am
Thanks Both. It looks like its working , i just need to try with few other test cases to confirm.

Edited by anu009 - 13 Dec 2010 at 11:59am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum