Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Command Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Erika
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Dec 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote Erika Replybullet Topic: Command
     Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 2:21pm
I have a layout that is going to be used by an application, so I have to add a Parameter Field "DocKey" to obtain the document number of the form in the other application.
I want to use a Command to obtain the DB information. It is possible that I use DocKey as a parameter in the command?
Thank you for your help
IP IP Logged
hmmmmmm
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 11 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote hmmmmmm Replybullet Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 11:16pm
Create New Parameter Named "DocKey" by right clicking parameter in field explorer explorer. Than apply formula to this parameter. And pass this parameter in your Report Code.
IP IP Logged
Keikoku
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Quote Keikoku Replybullet Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 5:11am
I've wanted to allow users to specify the parameters before I actually query the DB, but it seems like the Command only takes SQL expressions and supports no crystal fields. Which can be understandable.

So in the end I just query and filter by parameter.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum