Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Conditional formatting based on prev cond format Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
cheesepie2k7
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote cheesepie2k7 Replybullet Topic: Conditional formatting based on prev cond format
     Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 10:32pm
Hi, sorry for the post title... it seems to not want a descriptive title!

I have a report with hundreds of rows, and have conditional formatting on a label (text = "*") with next to those rows with the suppress formula set to:

NOT ( (GroupName ({Report;1.ServiceType}) = 'abc' OR GroupName ({Report;1.ServiceType}) = 'xyz')  AND (Sum ({Report;1.Cost}, {Report;1.ServiceType})<=0))

This will supress the label with '*' next to the lines where NOT service type = (abc or xyz) AND cost <= 0.

At the bottom of the report, I want to show a label that says what the * means.

However, if no *'s appear on the report, I don't want the * explanation to appear at the bottom of the report.

I have tried copying the above formula, but I think it only applies to the last data row. Is there any conditional formatting that I could do to search if a particular label is ever not supressed. Or a way of getting the info directly from the data to search individual rows and loop through the rows, if any rows = (abc or xyz) AND cost <= 0, then display the label.

I hope this makes sense, I'm usually pretty good with crystal reports but this has thrown me a bit!

I look forward to hearing from you
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 3:53am
do a running total to count the groups with the same condition. use the RT in the footer to suppress.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum