Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Report Layout Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
crtech
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote crtech Replybullet Topic: Report Layout
     Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 9:21am
Currently my report looks like this:
 
group name (group header 1)
   actiontype1 (group header 2)
     action1type items (detail)
     action1type items (detail)
     action1type items (detail)
 
   actiontype2 (group header 2)
      action2type items (detail)
      action2type items (detail)
      action2type items (detail)
 
But this layout is making the report too big (over 400 pages) while there is a lot of empty space towards the right.
 
So now I want to make the report look like this:
 
group name (group header 1)
   actiontype1 (group header 2)
     action1type items                          action1type items
      action1type items                         action1type items
       
   actiontype2 (group header 2)
      action2type items                         action2type items
      action2type items                         action2type items
 
Can anyone tell me how to achieve this kind of layout using Crystal Reports 2008?
 
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 11:46am
I would try making the detail section multiple columns.
 
Check help for hints.  I haven't formatted a report this way, so I can't predict what is going to happen.  I would guess that you do not want to format the groups as multiple columns.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
crtech
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote crtech Replybullet Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 8:10am

I finally got it to work. I checked the option: Format with Multiple Columns for the Details section and then adjusted the other options under the Layout tab. Thank you for the feedback.

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum