Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Unable to select fields from a table in CR (fixed) Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
beanie779
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 08 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote beanie779 Replybullet Topic: Unable to select fields from a table in CR (fixed)
     Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 11:40pm

Hi guys,

 
I'm using the "Standard Report Creation wizard" in Crystal Reports 2008 to connect to a database in SQL Server 2008, held on Windows Server 2008 (64-bit).
 
Although I can create an ODBC connection and run queries against the database using SQL Query Analyser, I run into  issues when I try to create a Crystal report.
 
Through the crystal wizard I can connect to the database and select any table no problem, however when I get to the "Fields" screen via the wizard, I cannot expand my selected table and thus select any fields (no error message is given either). Additionally, if I select more than one table Crystal crashes with the message “crw32.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close”.

 

I've created reports using SQL 2000 no problem, so I'm not sure if the issue is with the server software (2008) or the fact that I'm trying to connect to a SQL 2008 database.

 

Would greatly welcome any ideas/suggestions.
Thanks,


Edited by beanie779 - 13 Dec 2010 at 12:21am
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 7:09am
Is your ODBC connection a 32-bit or a 64-bit ODBC connection?  Crystal does not run in native 64-bit mode and requires a 32-bit connection.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
beanie779
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 08 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote beanie779 Replybullet Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 12:09am
Hi hilfy,
 
I've now managed to fix the issue - through using an OLE DB connection type instead and setting the driver to SQL Server Native Client 10.0 (I'd been using SQL Server previously).
 
Thanks for your help :)
B
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum