Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Not populating all the data in Details Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Nav522
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 25 Aug 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 166
Quote Nav522 Replybullet Topic: Not populating all the data in Details
     Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 2:37pm
Hello Folks,
                   I have this report which is having stepnumber,stepname,paidamt,batchid in the details section. When i look into the backend database i see that I have 5 stepnumbers for the clientcode:XYZ. I have record selection saying that table.stepnumber in [1,2,3,4,5] to look into these stepnumbers..And i have the detail Section Expert setting checked on the Format with multiple columns. For some reason i only see 3 steps in the detail section for the Batchid for clientcode:XYZ. not sure why am unable to pick the other 2 stepnumber. I have an inner join btw the 2 tables on Batchinfoid. Any thoughts would be helpful.
 
 
Thanks.
 
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 3:22am
try running your select from the report against the database and see what you get.
 
while I use stored procedures to drive the data collection for my reports, if data is missing from the report, typically it is in the SQL select command that is issued to the database.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Nav522
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 25 Aug 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 166
Quote Nav522 Replybullet Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 9:45am

Hi Thanks for getting back. I actually figured out the problem. I had included a condition saying not isnull(paiddate) which was the reason for not populating all the steps. Now my problem is the layout is not perfect.

My Layout is as follows in the detail and i have selected format with multiple columns
 
stepnumber  stepnumber  stepnumber  stepnumber
 stepname    stepname       stepname     stepname
 paidamt       paidamt           paidamt         paidamt.
 
For some reason i have the duplicates in First page with stepnumber repeating 3 times and the second page starts with new stepnumbers repeating 3 times. Why is this happening? Any ideas?
Thanks
                     
IP IP Logged
Nav522
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 25 Aug 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 166
Quote Nav522 Replybullet Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 9:13am
Any thoughts??
Thanks
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum