Joined: 19 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Topic: Treating a null as a zero Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 5:47am
I'm trying to do some calculations in my report with null fields. When they are null, they should be counted as zeros, but I'm not sure how to do this. None of my totals are showing, and I think this is the problem.
I want to have this formula: ordertotal - (rentdiscount + salesdiscount), but rentdiscount and salesdiscount are often null. How can I get the formula to recognize the null values as zeros?
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 6:38am
also depending on your version in a formula editor workshop Expression Editor there is the option to use "exceptions for Nulls" or "Default values for Nulls". Set it to 'Use default values'.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum