Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Conditional Suppression Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
pgiering
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Aug 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 37
Quote pgiering Replybullet Topic: Conditional Suppression
     Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 3:39pm
Hi,
I am returning lines to a report with many sections.  Each line is associated with a section, and will display that field but I don't want it to do so unless the section has changed from one line to the next.
 
The report looks like this:
 
Group Footer 1a       {Section Name}
Group Footer 1b       {Line Number} {Account Number} {Desc} {Amount}
 
Both sections are displayed in the report, but I want to suppress the footer 1a unless it changed from one account line to the next. 
 
The Section Name is determined by the line number.  For example, Lines Lines 1-110 have a section name of Current Asset, Line numbers 111-170 have a different section name.  So after the first line, I don't want the Section Name to appear again until it changes for line 111 (the report is sorted by line number).
 
It should look something like this:
 
Current Assets
1     10000   Cash1   $1,000
2     10010   Cash2   $   800
"
"
"
110 10999  Cashx    $2,500
 
Short Term Investments
111 11000  Invest1  $1,100
"
"
"
 
I'm using Crystal Report 2008, and I will appreciate any suggestions.
 
Thanks!
 
Paul


Edited by pgiering - 18 Nov 2010 at 3:40pm
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 4:35am
well, what I would do is create a formula that defines each group (1-110, 111-170).  The formula could return a number, but what would make more sense is to return the phrase you want.
 
Once you have the formula, use that to group on so when the group changes it displays what you want.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum