Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Growth rate between months Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
fgoitre
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 04 Sep 2010
Location: Italy
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote fgoitre Replybullet Topic: Growth rate between months
     Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 2:15am
Hello Everybody
 
I am working on a report on which I want to show the growth rates
On the first chart I am showing the grow rate comparing 2010 results with 2009 results diveded by month. This chart is already done.
 
On the second chart, I will like to show the growth rate between months, for example: july 2010 vrs june 2010 but I don't know how to do it.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 3:13pm
can you explain more your definitions of this and maybe a sample
IP IP Logged
fgoitre
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 04 Sep 2010
Location: Italy
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote fgoitre Replybullet Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 6:52am

On the database I have how many trucks have been sold on each month. I want to show a chart with this qty's (already done) and a different chart on which I will show the growth.

For example: 10 units in June, 15 units in July and 16 units in August.
The growth rate between July & June will be (15-10)/10 --> 50%
The growth rate between August and July will be (16-15)/15 --> 6.66%
 
I have the information grouped by month
The formula I was thinking to use for this is.
sum({TSS_WITS1.Period},{TSS_WITS.Month})/sum({TSS_WITS1.Period},{TSS_WITS.Month})-1
For example, the growth rate for May should be:
Blue field evaluate May and Red field evaluates April
 
I hope now is more clear.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 10:41am
i have not tested this out at all but here is a thought.
How you implement it depends on if you need dynamic months from today or you have static months.
create up to 12 Running totals that sum your values for each month.
for static months just use formula where the month(field)=monthnumber you need
for dynamic you will need to make each one come of today's month. I would have to think out the exact code for that.
then create up 11 formula fields that take your RTs and use them as you wanted
#Feb % #Jan
#March % #Feb
etc.
use these formual fields in your Chart.
I would just make one or 2 months and testout the theory / process to get that to work before working on it to much.
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum