Joined: 16 Nov 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Topic: Database field type changed Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 6:53am
I have created a report which uses a procedure from a sql server database. it has a field which is of type float. But when i run the report the value in the detail section is rounded to the nearest integer. You may also note that I have ensured that the number format is set accordingly to display decimal digits also. Also i am using this field in a formula field. Even here it is rounding to nearest integer. When i run the stored procedure independently in the SQL Server management studio the value is correctly printed out as something like 10.1485. Any help would be greatly appreciated and keep me from going insane!
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 4:27am
I am assuming that you have 'Verify Database'...this usually will update the datatype...especially if the sp has changed since the report was created. Another item to check, is the field in the sp a float. Just recently, I selected NULL for a field and did some processing on it later, and all my decimal values became integer...I actually needed to Convert(Decimal,NULL) to get it to work...sometimes SQL Server is odd that way.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum