Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Display Ranked Data Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Iweld
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote Iweld Replybullet Topic: Display Ranked Data
     Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 10:47am
I'm not a savvy Crystal user but have been at it for a few years. Mostly I've learned to scavenge bits and pieces of info from great forums like this but now I'm stumped. Hope this makes sense.

This is what I want to do...

In a manufacturing environment  I want to rank the employees efficiency and display the Highest and lowest rank.

The main data consists of:
Employee Id
Work order Part ID
Labor ticket hours worked

(Simplified version)
I have the report grouped by part ID, and employee id,  in the details I have the hours worked per labor ticket and quantity of  parts made. Added simple formula to show production rate in hours per piece.

Now this is where I get a migraine....
I want to average the run rates for each employee by part and rank the employees based on their average run rate from 1 to (however many employees have run the part), and display only the highest and lowest ranked. This will be inserted as a sub report in a work order traveler.

I've tried several things such as running totals and variables but since the data I want displayed is a summery I haven't figured out how to display it like I want.

Any thoughts?


IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 4:02am

Here is what I would try.

the subreport, 2 variables, high and low person.  Determine the average for each row and assign them to the variable as desired. Suppress the details.
if the footer, 2 footers, 1 for the highest, 1 for the lowest. display the information that you want.
 
Does this lead to a solution for you?
 
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum