Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Formula as parameter field Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
duffey01
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 04 May 2009
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 39
Quote duffey01 Replybullet Topic: Formula as parameter field
     Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 1:17pm
Hi All
 
I am using crystal xi and have a main report with a subreport. Both reports have a 'datetime' field that I need to link on and create a parameter field.
 
For end user ease I have changed the 'datetime' fields to 'date' and linked the subreport using that formula, and all works well.
 
I set up a parameter field for a Date Range and set the {@date} field from Select Expert = parameter field and now the information has changed.
 
I have manually checked the information returning and can't see any obvious problem.
 
Any theories??
 
Thanks very much in advance.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 3:53am
I would expect since it is now a range, that you are not looking at both the min and max value, but just one of them.
 
Perhaps if you explained what was occurring, it would be easier to determine what is happening.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
duffey01
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 04 May 2009
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 39
Quote duffey01 Replybullet Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 4:11pm
Hi lockwelle
 
I think you are right when you say 'not looking at both the min and max value, but just one of them.' The information returning from the subreport is for one date only and there is data in the subreport for more than one date within the range.
 
How do I 'look at both the min and max value'?
 
I am really stuck on this and am grateful for your help.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 7:41am
I am guessing that you are linking the date parameter in the main to a like parameter in the subreport.
 
It's been a while since I needed to use this notation (I don't use the CR parameters) but is it something like:
 
{table.field} IN MINIMUM(?parameter) to MAXIMUM({?parameter})
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum