Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Group Breaks Across Column Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
hugo69
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 15 Feb 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Quote hugo69 Replybullet Topic: Group Breaks Across Column
     Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 8:31am
I have a 2-column report with one group header that prints down then across. I have set both the group and the section to keep together. The keep together works fine across pages, but the groups break across columns. Is there any way to prevent these groups from breaking this way?
 
Example:
 
A-Block                             Count: 9
       Count: 4          E-Block
B-Block                             Count: 2
        Count: 5         F-Block
C-Block                             Count: 1
        Count: 7
D-Block
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 4:07am
probably not.
 
Keep together is to keep them on the same page.
 
It's silly, but have you tried adding a footer so that the size of the page is 1 line smaller so that you can only fit an 'even' number of lines on the page.  I am assuming that the display is always even, otherwise I can't think of a way to keep values together.
 
IP IP Logged
hugo69
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 15 Feb 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Quote hugo69 Replybullet Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 10:12am
No the display is not always even.... Otherwise I would have tried that. I can't believe there is no way to accomplish this simple task. Thanks for your help.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 10:23am
Typically, you would have to count lines, but since there is a second column, a forced page break won't work.
 
I don't think that there is a simple solution.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum