|
I'm working with Crystal Reports XI. We have an existing report that was created using the Cross-tab report type.
There are 3 summary fields in the report:
- direct cost - indirect cost - Total ( direct cost + indirect cost)
Everything worked fine until now because both the direct cost and the indirect cost were being rounded to 2 decimal places. However, I have a new requirement to round the indirect cost total to a whole dollar ( no decimal places) before adding it to the direct cost total. This creates a problem for the third summary field because I'm only able to do: - create a formula field of (direct cost + indirect cost rounded to a whole dollar) - use that amount in the summary field
The problem is that then the indirect cost is being rounded for EACH record separately. But what I need to to calculate the Total indirect cost first and only after I have that total rounded to a whole dollar, add it to the direct cost total. So basically, I would like for the third row to simply show the sum of the first row and the second row.
Is that possible with the cross-tab report type?
thanks,
|