Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Paragraph in a template. Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
maroma
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote maroma Replybullet Topic: Paragraph in a template.
     Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 4:35am
Hi, I created the paragraph below that is stored as a database field on a table. I reference the fields in crystal. when I run the report it doesn't recignize the other database fields.
 
Example:
 
Dear '{DBFld_query.FirstName} ' . Your minimum score was '{DBFld_query.Score}'  for the year of {@Class-YEAR}.
 
the entire paragraph above is in a field in table(stored as text).  I reference the 1 field both in a function and directly on the crystal report. However, all three fields that are in the paragraph show as text. can anyone tell what I'm doing wrong?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 6:42am
if all of that is stored in a field, then CR sees it as the value of the field, not as a template of any sort.  It would seem that you want to build the paragraph as text boxes in CR.  If this is to be dynamic (the paragraph changing, not the fields) you might want to either develop a list of the paragraphs, and create multiple sections or a formula that will replace the {} values with the actual values that correspond to the mapping.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum