Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Totals Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
rbvinc
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 14 Jul 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote rbvinc Replybullet Topic: Totals
     Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 4:41pm
I have a report, to eliminate data, I moved all detail rows fields to a group footer. When I total this I get duplicated 'totals'. Is there any I can get exact total, and put it in footer section. Using Crystal ver 10, windows xp, and backend is 'peachtree'.
 
Thank you,
 
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 3:09am
what do you mean by duplicated totals?
IP IP Logged
rbvinc
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 14 Jul 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote rbvinc Replybullet Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 3:50am

Means, I have ten invoices (Inv#, Invdate, InvDesc, InvAmt), listed in details row, InvAmt totals to 10,000-)

I supreesed / hide, details row, copied details row fields to
group footer row, when I totalled InvAmt, it returned 100,000-.,
I want this total to be 10,000-
 
Hope I explained it.
Thanks,
 
 
 
 
 
 
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 3:44am
did you use the sum() function that is built into CR?  If so, that would suggest that you are summing on a column that already is the sum, and CR is adding the total 10 times...hence the 10000. 
 
If this is the case, then just display the value instead of summing it
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum