Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Multiple transactions in one column Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
rgm1975
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Nov 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote rgm1975 Replybullet Topic: Multiple transactions in one column
     Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 5:07am
I am pretty new to crystal 10 and I am trying to create a report that pulls transactions from multiple tables.  I have a master product table that holds the record of each product in my database.  I also have several other tables each holding specific transaction information (i.e. one table for receipts, one table for sales, one table for transfers, one table for physical inventories, etc.) that links to that product.  Ultimately I want my report to look like the following:

  Cola 20oz
                  Transaction Type      Trans. ID.        Date        Qty

                   Receipts                   0000001      11/1/10         5
                   Receipts                   0000002      11/2/10         5
                   Sales                        0000003      11/3/10        -3
                   Sales                        0000005      11/3/10        -2
                   Transfers                  0000004      11/2/10        -1  Transfer Out
                   Transfers                  0000006      11/4/10         1  Transfer In
                   Inventories               1234567      11/5/10         5
  Totals                                                                                  5

  Diet Cola 

                   Receipts                   0000010      11/1/10         10
                   Receipts                   0000011      11/2/10         10
                   Sales                        0000012      11/3/10         -6
                   Sales                        0000015      11/3/10         -4
                   Transfers                  0000014      11/2/10         -1  Transfer Out
                   Transfers                  0000016      11/4/10          1  Transfer In
                   Inventories               2345678      11/5/10        10
  Totals                                                                                 10

I know this is probably going to be more than someone can explain in a forum but if you could point me in the right direction I am happy looking through help files and such to figure it out I just don't know where to start looking since I have not done anything as complex as this in Crystal.  Or maybe it's simple and I just can't figure it out! 
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 11:15am
it looks like they are just coming from different tables.
 
What I would try is to create multiple detail sections, and in each band only place the values from the table that you want.  It also will allow you to hard code the TransactionType.
 
I am assumming that there is a grouping based on the product.
 
Hope this points in a direction that works.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum