Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Can I dynamically change the fill color for a box? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Craigbert
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Oct 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Craigbert Replybullet Topic: Can I dynamically change the fill color for a box?
     Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 8:11am
Hello All,

I would like to be able to change the Fill Color property of a box dynamically.
How would I go about that?

Thanks,

Craigbert
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 8:48am
don't think you can for a box but you can for text.
replace the box with text that you set to use borders thenĀ for the background use your conditional formula for the color
e.g., if x=1 then crred else cryellow
IP IP Logged
Craigbert
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Oct 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Craigbert Replybullet Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 8:51am
I will give that a shot and let you guys know how that works.

Thanks,

Craigbert
IP IP Logged
rvink
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2008
Location: New Zealand
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 55
Quote rvink Replybullet Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 11:08am
Yes you can dynamically change the background color of text. I have a report where the color is defined on the database as a Hex string, depending on the record status. I wrote a formula to convert it to an RGB number and put it into the background color formula. That way the report has the same colors as theĀ  application. Works like a charm.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum