Joined: 06 Aug 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Topic: CHECKING FOR UPPERCASE LETTERS Posted: 06 Aug 2007 at 8:28am
I have a name and address table in an Oracle database (26,000) entries. I would like to produce a simple report printing any records that have the first name,middle name or surname that have been entered as all capital letters. Any ideas. Should I create a custom function isUpper() I could then use in the record selection formula if so how do I do this.
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 06 Aug 2007 at 10:26am
yes, you have the right idea. However, I don't know Oracle and I have no idea if it has an Upper() function. I assume it does. Second, I don't know if Oracle is case-sensitive. If it's not, then it will always say the strings are equal even if the cases are different. Again, you need to check your documentation. But if those two things are available, then your idea will work. I would make sure to put it in the SQL query b/d having CR do the test will be more time consuming.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum