Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Using Selection Formula in Other Fields Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
chadbrewyet
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 22
Quote chadbrewyet Replybullet Topic: Using Selection Formula in Other Fields
     Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 11:04am
I have a report that uses the same subreport multiple times so that we can see the same type of data but over different date ranges (i.e.-MTD, Previous Month, Last 30 Days, YTD, etc.).  Right now I have a VERY basic subreport that I'm modifying every relevant field of each instance in the main report to show the data for the given time period.  I would like to have a single subreport that I can simply change the selection criteria without changing any of the report fields in case the managers end up wanting to see even more date ranges in the future.
 
Is there a way to use the selection criteria within other report fields directly?  Somehow convert it to a variable?
 
Possible?
 
Thanks.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 4:02am

are you askking can a paramter fromt he main report be used as a parameter in a subreport?

Make the main report param into a formula field. How depends on what type of field.
In the main report, link to the subreport using the formula field. Thsi creates th evalue as a param in the subreport which can then be used in that select statement
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum