Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: How to acces to shared variable Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
MikeSt
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Oct 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote MikeSt Replybullet Topic: How to acces to shared variable
     Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 12:30am
Hi forum,
 
In the header I have a Subreport, that get's me the bank holidays in a separate datasource. The bank holidays are written in a shared string variable, during the execution of the subreport.
 
Now, I want to access to this shared variable in the main report. So far no problem, if I do it in a simple formula, that writes the content to the report.
 
But I need this information in a field, that will be used in some other sum fields.
 
Error Message in German (sorry folks)
"Eine laufende Formel kann nicht auf eine Druckzeitformel verweisen"
 
What's the best solution for my problem?
 
Cheers,
Mike
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 3:15am
I don't read German, so I don't have a clue what the error says/means.
 
What I would do is access the string in the other sum functions and check for whatever you are looking for and proceed accordingly.  If you know the number of holidays or the max you could break the one shared string into many different variables, or you could put then in an a shared array, but the end result is always the same...you need to look at the variables to determine what the value is.  If it is just one or two values that you are looking at the for the other formulas, you might populate booleans (again shared )to be check by the other formulas...but it all the really.
 
Pick the option that you like the best.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
MikeSt
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Oct 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote MikeSt Replybullet Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 4:57am
Thanks for the answer.
 
I've to think about, what I can do.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum