Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Topic: Open a Cash Drawer from crystal report Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 7:14pm
I'm looking for information on how to open a cash drawer from a crystal report.
I'm using Crystal 2008, and have a receipt report written in Crystal.
If I have a cash drawer connected to my PC via one of the COM ports, and I have the DOS command to send the instruction to the port (echo "&"H7 > com1).
Is it possible to either send this instruction directly to the COM port from crystal, or run a DOS command from Crystal?
Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 12:13am
From my experience, it has alwyas been the code outside of crystal sending the command to open the cash drawer as well as calling the specific report to use for the transaction
Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 11:50am
Thanks Greg. As a last resort we can certainly code the solution as you described, but I was hoping there would be some way to execute the command from inside crystal.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum