Thank you for looking at my post.
I'm using Crystal Version 8 and am trying to get a report to save as a formatted text (space delimited) file. We create this file in Crystal and then we import it into another program. Currently we have to run in in Crystal then open it up in Excel and set the column widths and then save as formatted text.
I need help formatting the report in Crystal so we can just export it as a Text file and eliminate the need to use Excel to set the column lenghts.
Here is a sample of what we want the file spacing to look like:
9/27/2010 Bill White 185.25 45895214
9/27/2010 Sally Smith 210.00 85487874
The date starts at character 1
Name starts at character 16
Amount starts at character 39
ID starts at character 54
When we print the report to a text file in Crystal, we can't get the spacing to work correctly.
Do I need to put some type of formatting formula in the report to get the fields to print at the correct spacing?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Richard Scott