Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Show parameter data and all data Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
louisville2k10
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Sep 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 45
Quote louisville2k10 Replybullet Topic: Show parameter data and all data
     Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 7:17am
I have a chart and I want to show a user's totals (the user is selected via a setup parameter) for a specified period of time (also a parameter). I can do this and it looks great.
 
Buuuuut...
 
My issue is that on the same chart I want to display the average user's total for the same specified period of time. I cannot do this now because when I bring in the data field, it is limited to the user I selected.
 
 
Thanks for your help!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 9:52am
couple of options come to mind.
you could use a sub-report and pass your date params to it
or
you could use the user param as a suppression criteria rather than a select criteria
IP IP Logged
louisville2k10
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Sep 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 45
Quote louisville2k10 Replybullet Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 10:31am

Dblank, could you please expand a little more on how to create a sub-report and "pass date params to it?"

Thanks for your help!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 11:17am
insert the subreport
use the same data source
assuming your date parms are a begin and end dates in the main report create 2 formulas to get these values
{?beginDate}
{?EndDate}
or if it is one param with a range
Minimum({?Date})
Maximum({?Date})
Use these 2 formula fields to link tot he sub-report on and they become param values you can use int he subreport select statement.
IP IP Logged
louisville2k10
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Sep 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 45
Quote louisville2k10 Replybullet Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 6:27am

Ok great, that works, thank you.

 
How would I show the individual user's data (the one selected) on the same chart as avg. user's data (the avg. user in the department)?

When I limit it to a single user, I can't seem to show the data for the entire department of users as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum