Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Cant summaries Sum/count Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
pranathi20
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote pranathi20 Replybullet Topic: Cant summaries Sum/count
     Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 8:17am
Hi All,
 
I am working on a report where I need to display users in an organizations and the certifications that they completed. These certifications have roles and courses as shown below:
Orgid            employeeid     fname   certificationid  Status1 Status2
ggowov           emp41           K50       crtfy001605     400      100 
other               emp17           B73       crtfy0001605   400       200 
other               emp53          G83        crtfy0001605   200       300
 
I already got the sum  on each group (i have 3 groups, based on orgid, employeeid and certification id). During this sum, I used the distinctcount() function to get the distinct records with the status2 value = 100 
 
Now whene I need to get a total of all the sums, for each organization, I keep getting the message, "This field cannot be summarized". No clue wht that means and why. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
 
Thanks
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 3:12am
you are not allowed to summarize an aggregate function.  If all that is changing is groupings, ie your report is like:
 
organization
  current summing function
    detail
 
then all you need to do is modify the sum for the group
 
if it some how flatter, you will need to create a separate sum that looks at the data differently.  Running totals and global variables are 2 other ways to create the values that you are after.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum