Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Calculated Member in Crosstab Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Megan10e
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote Megan10e Replybullet Topic: Calculated Member in Crosstab
     Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 7:51am
I have a crosstab in my report, and I would like to do a calculation for every two columns, and have that result appear as a row item below the totals.
 
So my columns are like this: Jan 2008, Jan 2009, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, etc.
 
I want to divide the total under Jan 2009 by the total under Jan 2008 to get the percentage of difference from one year to the next, and I'd like that percentage to show under the totals in the following row.
 
Jan 2008               Jan 2009
total                      total
% difference          .85
 
I figure that's the easier way to do it, but I'd like it if it could actually come out like this:
 
Jan 2008               Jan 2009
total                      total
           % difference
                 .85
 
 
where "% difference" and ".85" are in one field each that is the length of two columns.
 
Right now the best I'm able to do is to add a calculated member and have a column put in between the two columns I'm calculating, but that's not what I want it to look like. I have details under the totals (a total for each customer), but I don't need those individual percentages calculated- just the totals for each month.
 
Thanks for the help!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum