Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Vertical White Space Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
MichaelWClark
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 11 Oct 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote MichaelWClark Replybullet Topic: Vertical White Space
     Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 9:00am
Hello I have a a simple Employee Report that displays similar to the following :


First Last
Address 1
City State Zip
Phone
Fax
Mobile
Email

Formatted in 3 collums. My issue is not everyone has a fax or a mobile and I want uniformity in the report. I don't want there to be a blank white space if there is no Fax #. how can I suppress the white space if its null from my DB?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 9:20am
are all of these items on there on detail section?
if so, in the section expert you can either mak each detail 'Suppress Blank section' as TRUE or write  a formula in hte suppress no drill down as
like isnull(ssn_field).
If these are not on their own section please explian your report design more.
IP IP Logged
MichaelWClark
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 11 Oct 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote MichaelWClark Replybullet Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 9:23am
I was able to fix this issue by adding them all into a Text object then selecting Supress Embeded Field blank lines.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum