Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Count Function in unrepeatly Values! Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
imanf64
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Oct 2010
Location: Iran
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote imanf64 Replybullet Topic: Count Function in unrepeatly Values!
     Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 1:52am
Hello My Dear Friends
I Have a report that contains multiple fields and I want to see count of the field "Example Field" with string data value
but in normaly condition the count is number of records that SQl syntax is affected.
But I want to see number of records or fields that contain no-repeatly values.


example is below:

   "Example Fields"
          John
          Jack
          Sara
          John
          Sara
          Bill


in normaly condition -> Count("Example Field") = 6
 but i want to see -> Count("Example Field") = 4  (only 4 person exists!!)


How I Can See this Result by crystal Report Functions and abilities??

IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 3:35am
countDistinct
IP IP Logged
imanf64
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Oct 2010
Location: Iran
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote imanf64 Replybullet Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by lockwelle

countDistinct


Oh thanks!!
this is very simply but I have not yet work with CR very good!

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum