Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Can you use an SQL queery as a dataset? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Crush
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 07 Oct 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Crush Replybullet Topic: Can you use an SQL queery as a dataset?
     Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 6:48am
Hi!
 
I'm a Microsoft Reporting Services person and am new to Crystal Reports. I have some books on order but until then I guess the most important thing I need to know is how to make a report based on SQL (not dragging and dropping tables). Anyone who has used MS Reporting Services will know what I mean.
 
I like to first do SQL code in the 'SQL Developer', then I like to make the report from that SQL code. Not drag and drop tables and rely on the Reporting Services product to do all the SQL work (if that makes sense).
 
Is this possible with Crystal Reports? If so can someone give me please tell me how to do it to get me going. I can't find out where to do this.
 
I have version 12.2
 
Thanks!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 8:07am
you can use a crystal command object
You can create a SQL view or stored proc in your dataset and use that as the source
if using a sp you can use sp params and pass them through crystal
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum