Originally posted by DBlank
unless you can tease it out by looking at where this is being used in the report it is hard to say.
My
guess is that this is a string that displays as 'x hours and x minutes' the time difference between an expected completion datetime field in your DB and the current date and time.
Yeah I think you are right but is there any function I can use to replace it?
so basically this is the whole formula
//This formula is designed to calculate the time passed since the call expiry date
DateTimeVar ExpiryDateTime := DateTime (
{@Expiry Date},{@Expiry Time}); //ExpiryDateTime = ExpiryDate, ExpiryTime
StringVar TimeSinceBreach := DateTimeDiff(ExpiryDateTime,CurrentDateTime); //returning value = Time Since Call Breach = Difference between ExpiryDate (above) and CurrentDateTime
NumberVar MinPos := InStr (1,TimeSinceBreach ,"Minute(s)" ); //Restrict the returned string to minutes
Mid (TimeSinceBreach,1 ,MinPos + 8 )
I basically want to know how to find the difference between two date times.
Edited by colman1212 - 05 Oct 2010 at 12:30am