Joined: 03 Oct 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Topic: Subreport Data Posted: 03 Oct 2010 at 2:13am
I am using crystal version 11. I have created a report to include a sub report and passed a shared variable to the main report. The shared variable is multiplied with a variable in the main rerport to return a value. This works well. However when I "rightclick" on the newly calculated figure I don't get the oprtion to insert a sub total.
The rest of the report works well, but no sub total?
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 6:58am
can't use any of the built in functions when you are using a shared variable. Since CR doesn't know the value straight away, it can't calculate it.
The solution that I use is to create another variable to hold the subtotal. Increment it where you want (usually in details), display it (usually in a group footer / report footer), you may need to reset (usually in a group header)
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum