Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Projection Formula (need help) Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
louisville2k10
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Sep 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 45
Quote louisville2k10 Replybullet Topic: Projection Formula (need help)
     Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 8:46am
Hi,
I am trying to create a formula that will project how many times someone will place a call over the course of a month and over the course of a year (as examples), given their historical calls placed over the work days that have passed in a selected period.
 
Generally, this is what I was thinking would be a good way to calculate it (in layman's terms):
 
(Calls answered/number of work days that have passed in selected time period)*total number of work days in selected time horizon.
 
Because I want to include the user's unique "selected time horizon" (ie a month, or a year), I think I will also need help creating a parameter.
 
If someone could help me with this, I would be eternally grateful Smile

Thank you ahead of time!
Thanks for your help!
IP IP Logged
louisville2k10
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Sep 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 45
Quote louisville2k10 Replybullet Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 3:05am

Should I use the datediff function to calculate the total number of working days in the time period defined by the user?

Again, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks for your help!
IP IP Logged
louisville2k10
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Sep 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 45
Quote louisville2k10 Replybullet Posted: 01 Oct 2010 at 4:14am
Bueller? Bueller?
Thanks for your help!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum