Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Mult Record Suppression Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
stcyrk
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Jul 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote stcyrk Replybullet Topic: Mult Record Suppression
     Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 9:05am

Let's say I have one vendor with multiple invoices against it and I only want to report the latest invoice/date/vendor combination.  I am querying against two tables, where base table is vendor info and sub table is invoice info.  I have tried the different link join options to see if that worked, to no avail.  How can I achieve returning only the latest invoice/date/vendor, either thru suppression or selection or whatever?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
K. StCyr
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 9:13am
suppression would be
group on vendor
insert as summary of maximum invoicedate per vendor...
maximum(table.invoicedate,table.vendor)
suppress your detail sections as
NOT(table.invoicedate=maximum(table.invoicedate,table.vendor))
IP IP Logged
stcyrk
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Jul 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote stcyrk Replybullet Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 9:51am
Great, thank you very much, truly appreciate it.
K. StCyr
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum