Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Return minimum value, not including zeros? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
grecianite
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Sep 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote grecianite Replybullet Topic: Return minimum value, not including zeros?
     Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 2:51am
Hi all,
 
Am a real novice at Crystal, and am having difficulty with something which I'm guessing should be quite easy!
 
Need to find the highest value from a table and also the lowest value.
 
Quite happily I can use the formula of 'Maximum' for the highest number and 'Minimum' for the lowest number.  Unfortunately though in my numbers I have a number of zeros which I do not wish to include?  How could I write a formula to find my lowest number, discounting all zeros?
 
Thanks loads for any help!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 4:20am
you can either exclude the rows altogther using the select expert...
table.field>0
 
or you can use a running total to exclude the fields from the evaluation...
name=min
field to summarize=your field here
type=minimum
evalaute=use a formula
table.field<>0
reset=never (assuming you are not doing any group level evaluation)
place in report footer (RTs do not work in headers)
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum