Good Day,
I have a field in my database called Command.Detail_TEXT. This field contains folderpath
Example 1
/Report Samples/Financial/
Example 2
/User Folders/ABC/Emergency_SIT_Reconciliation Summary.rpt /
Example 3
/BOE Administration/Business Objects Report Failures/
There are records that will not have rpt file name in the folder path (Example 1) and sometimes there are records which will have the rpt file name in the folder path.(Example 2)
There are case records which will have the rpt file name in the folder path but there will not be an extension of .rpt at the end (example 3 where Business Objects Report Failures is an rpt file )
I want to be able to record which records have rpt file name in the Command.Detail_TEXT field and which records do not.
If a record has rpt file name in the Command.Detail_TEXT field, i would like it to be removed from the path name and display only the folder(s) name .
If a record does not have rpt file name in the Command.Detail_TEXT field, I would like it to be displayed as it is in the report
For example :
/BOE Administration/Business Objects Report Failures/ should be /BOE Administration
/User Folders/ABC/Emergency_SIT_Reconciliation Summary.rpt / should be /User Folders/ABC
/Report Samples/Financial/ should remain as it is /Report Samples/Financial/
What formula can I use to do this.
I am using Crystal Reports 2008 with a Oracle database.
Thanks!
Edited by guessme - 27 Sep 2010 at 11:10am