Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Identifying 1st, 2nd, 3rd order from a date field Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Token
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Token Replybullet Topic: Identifying 1st, 2nd, 3rd order from a date field
     Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 6:11am
Hello,
 
I am trying to identify patterns with regards to types of holidays taken from a DB of passengers. I have dates and destinations assigned to each passenger, but I want to be able to identify which destination was visited first, second, third etc in order to profile passengers by their booking path. For example:
 
Caribbean 1/2/2006
Norway     2/3/2008
Canada     3/4/2007
 
The pattern for this passenger is obviously Caribbean, Canada then Norway, but how can I get Crystal (XI) to identify this for me i.e. how can I get it to recognise the order of holidays from the date, so that I can then group passengers together by their booking path?
 
Or in perhaps simpler terms, how can I use Crystal to help me identify if one event has occurred before or after another?
 
Thank you in advance for your help.
IP IP Logged
dotssabdi
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Location: Pakistan
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote dotssabdi Replybullet Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 12:35am
1st goto report menu
then select "Report Sort Order"
this will be the place wheres u can change the order

am newbie sorry if it will not help u...
S.Abdi
IP IP Logged
Token
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Token Replybullet Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 12:40am
That will only display the holidays for me in a selected order. It doesn't help me with analysis, as I need to identify patterns over hundreds of thousands passengers.
 
Thank you for your reply though.
IP IP Logged
Emir_W
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 228
Quote Emir_W Replybullet Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 2:34am
1.  group by passenger
     detail can be:  date, destination
 
2.  sort the Detail by date
 
 
hope it help.
 
Emir W
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum