Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: vLookup alternative in Crystal Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
kmeistering
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 May 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote kmeistering Replybullet Topic: vLookup alternative in Crystal
     Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 5:40am
Hello,

I am writing a comprehensive staff report for my organization.  Everyone who gets a paycheck is on this list.  I have the following fields:
Employee ID
Employee Name
Reports to ID

I need to generate the reports to name.  The reports to id is identical to an employee id, which corresponds to a name.  I want crystal reports to look at those two fields to determine who someone reports to.  In excel, it would be a vlookup.  Is there a way to do this in Crystal??

An if then else statement won't work because there are so many names and they change on a regular basis.  I do not have access to edit this query (don't you love red tape) so I can't just have it pull the reports to name.

Thanks,
Katrina
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 10:43am
add the employee tbale the report again. it will add an alias name as employee_1
join as employee.ID = employee_1.reportsto
use the employee_1 name for the supervisors name
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum