Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Summary in Group Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
DNNJ
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote DNNJ Replybullet Topic: Summary in Group
     Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 7:30am
Hello! I hope you can help me with my issue. I'm very new to Crystal Reports. Really just started working with this product last week.

In my DB, time is stored in milliseconds. I have created a formula that finds Hours, minutes, seconds, then concatenates this information into a string. This works great for the detail portion of the report.

I'm trying to find how to add this as a SUM in the Group Footer. I can sum the field, but I'm not sure how to get it into the proper format after this is done. Since it's a text field, if I try to put it in a Summary Field, it will not sum.

Essentially, what I'm trying to do is create a formula for a group that will sum the DB field Timers.Time. Then it will put it through a process to get the Hours, Minutes and Seconds.

What I can't figure out is how to do this. Any help or even a point in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,


D
IP IP Logged
DNNJ
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote DNNJ Replybullet Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 7:32am
Oh! I'm using Crystal Reports with VS.NET. I'm not sure that matters, but I thought I'd supply that information anyway.

Thanks again,

D
IP IP Logged
DNNJ
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote DNNJ Replybullet Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 7:56am
After hours of scouring, and finally breaking down and asking for help, I just found out how to do it. I'm using Sum(Timers.Time, User). It appears to function as expected. :D
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum