Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Select records based on field value Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Author Message
Pushrod
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote Pushrod Replybullet Topic: Select records based on field value
     Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 8:56am
I have a report that selects all of a certain type of records. Now I want to limit that selection to only records that do not have a certain value in one of the fields of a table.
So the ACTIVITY TYPE field has many values. If the value is 15.00 I do not want to show that record. I am using a Formula Field in the details section to show all the values and GH1 has the document name and number.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 9:01am
NOT (table.activityType=15)
IP IP Logged
Pushrod
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote Pushrod Replybullet Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 9:07am
I tried to put this in the record selection area but it did not allow the syntax and says a boolean is required.
IP IP Logged
Pushrod
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote Pushrod Replybullet Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 9:11am
It did allow:
{ACTIVITYLOG.ACTIVITY_TYPE} <> 15.00
but all that does is remove the type 15.00 from the list in the details section, it still shows the document name and number.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 9:20am
so you need to remove multiple rows based on the condition that if any of the rows under that 'document' have the value of 15 in the {ACTIVITYLOG.ACTIVITY_TYPE} field?
IP IP Logged
Pushrod
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote Pushrod Replybullet Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 9:57am

Each document has a set of activitytype values (15 is equal to Accessed the document) - these are history metadata. I want my report to show only the documents that were not accessed.

IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 10:25am
If you cannot do this outiside of using something like a SQL view...
group on the document ID
create a formula to flag your 'accessed record' called 'Accessed'
if {ACTIVITYLOG.ACTIVITY_TYPE}=15 then 1
Insert a Summary as a SUM of this formula at the documentid group footer
in the select expert you can do group selection criteria
Open the select expert
clcik on the formula editor
toggle to the Group Selection
insert your criteria here
IP IP Logged
Pushrod
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote Pushrod Replybullet Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 11:53am
Wow am I confused now.
I followed the steps but no luck.
 
Each document number (what I used as documentid from your instructions) comes up - but the total under each is 0 (result of ({@Accessed},PROFILE.DOCNUMBER).
 
I do have the ({@Accessed},PROFILE.DOCNUMBER)=0 in the Group selection formula area.
 
 
 
 
 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 3:53am

You have to have the word SUM in the formula as you are summing the 0 and 1's you created...

place this in the group footer to see the totals for each document
anything that has a 15 in the rows should have a sum>0
so your selection of
should only find groupings with no 15 in it.
Does that help?
IP IP Logged
Pushrod
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote Pushrod Replybullet Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 5:44am
Thanks for your help. This does seem to work - even though it is hard to get my head around.
One thing I am still having a problem with: when I try to get a count of the results to find out how many documents that were not accessed, I get the total documents.
I did a distinct count of PROFILE.DOCNUM.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum