Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Empty last page cannot be prevented Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jlobert
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 17 Sep 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote jlobert Replybullet Topic: Empty last page cannot be prevented
     Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 3:03pm
It appears that our report footer insists on being on a separate, empty page and I am not able to prevent that extra page. Here is some info:

* I have a report footer, which is suppressed except for last page (doesn't make a difference if I don't suppress it, it correctly appears only on the last page, but that page is empty)

* I have a page footer, which is suppressed only for the first page, this works as it should, it appears on the last (empty) page, too.

* The group and details sections do not have "New page after" enabled, we separate them with "New page before", instead. Problem persists with either before or after, makes no difference.

* We suppress sections if they are empty

* I have two page headers, which I can suppress for last page or not, makes no difference.

* If I delete and suppress both page headers (default = empty and small), the problem persists.

* If I delete and suppress both all headers and all footers, the problem persists, completely empty last page.

* There is enough space on the last filled page to accommodate both report and page footers (about half a page).

It seems that there is a page count created that is based on something unknown, not the headers or footers or the data content.

Any suggestions what to try? We have tried any combination we could think of.

Document Structure:

- Report header with 7 sections a-g (this is essentially our page 1)
- Page header a - suppressed for page 1 only, appears on extra page
- Page header b - suppressed everywhere except page 2, this is our page 2 content
- Group header 1a
- Group header 1b
- Group header 2
- Group header 3
- Group header 4
- details a-j
- Report footer, suppressed everywhere except last page, appears on extra page
- Page footer, suppressed for page 1 only, appears on extra page

Thanks ! - Jurgen

PS: an aside question: does the sequence of page footer and report footer matter (or can this be changed at all)? The space that the page footer takes up pushes the report footer up by that amount. I would have expected the report footer to be last and bottom.


Edited by jlobert - 17 Sep 2010 at 3:31pm

Crystal Reports 11
linked to Labware LIMS database
IP IP Logged
swigartd
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote swigartd Replybullet Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 3:45am
Try to change your "new page before" to check ONLASTRECORD.  If it is the last record, suppress the new page command.
 
Dave
Aiming beyond mediocrity
IP IP Logged
jlobert
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 17 Sep 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote jlobert Replybullet Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 4:02am
Thanks Dave.

Why would I do that? I still want a new page break before the last record, otherwise it will wrap and be attached to the bottom of the previous record...?

Are you saying that this is a bug that would prevent what's happening and still give me a page break before the last record? As I said, it doesn't make any difference if I have break before or break after the records...

 Jurgen

Crystal Reports 11
linked to Labware LIMS database
IP IP Logged
swigartd
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote swigartd Replybullet Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 4:42am

Change the report to get a "new page after" and suppress on the last record.

That will prevent a form feed after all data is printed.
 
Dave
Aiming beyond mediocrity
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum