Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: headers appear twice in grouping Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Imagine!
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Sep 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Imagine! Replybullet Topic: headers appear twice in grouping
     Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 11:37am
I created a report with 4 levels of nested groupings.  The problem is that the headers show above each change of value within the grouping, as well as at the top.
 
What I want is:
 
                                  Header1            Header2
G1
   G2
      G3                         Data1a               Data1b
                                   Data2a               Data2b
 
What I get is:
 
                                  Header1            Header2
G1
   G2
      G3                         GHeader1         GHeader2
                                   Data1a               Data1b
                                 
                                    GHeader1         GHeader2
                                   Data2a               Data2b
 
How do I keep the header from showing before each record section?
 
Thank you.
Jim
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 11:49am
if you used group headers they will repeat everytime a group changes
I think you want to move your headers to the page header but it is hard to tell as i don't know if you are displaying data values or static text headers here.


Edited by DBlank - 15 Sep 2010 at 11:49am
IP IP Logged
Memoli28
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 10 Apr 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Quote Memoli28 Replybullet Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 5:07pm
Hi Jim,
 
i had also the similar problem, the use of  a cross tab is an option.
in the cross-tab expert you have a lot of options.
 
put in the rows the groups you want, and in the columns the headers you want.
and with some options you can supress group totals for each row, and you can select for the header-data some summary options,select modus and probably your problem will be solved.
also for the header data, you can put them horizontally with labels.
 
regards,
Mehmet
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
IP IP Logged
Imagine!
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Sep 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Imagine! Replybullet Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 8:01am
I tried moving them to just the Page Header, but the Page Header does not show when I do a drill down - so I lost all headers.  When I do a drill down, I get the headers for the current level of drill and the prior level of drill - but no Page Header.
How do I get the page header to show at the top when I drill down?
 
Jim
Jim
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 8:40am

it can get a little tricky based on how deep your grouping goes but here is how you do it.

Go into Report Options and mark 'Show All Headers on Drill Down' As TRUE
 
now if you need to you can conditinally suppress the headers (in the section expert) using drilldowngrouplevel=x
IP IP Logged
Imagine!
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Sep 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Imagine! Replybullet Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 8:56am
That did it!
Thank you,
Jim
Jim
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum