Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: parameter GUID uniqueidentifier problem Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dsande
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Sep 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote dsande Replybullet Topic: parameter GUID uniqueidentifier problem
     Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 3:27am
I am trying to use a COMMAND in my Crystal report and the COMMAND.DataField is uniqueidentifier in the SqlServer database.
Problem is when I try to send a GUID value to compare against my COMMAND.DataField, crystal is returning the curly brace with the DataField value?
instead of comparing DataField value of "9450F8EC-AE5F-41C7-A53C-00204D53E8FA" to command parameter, I have to modify it as so:
"{9450F8EC-AE5F-41C7-A53C-00204D53E8F"
Note...because of the 36 character string limit on my COMMAND.DataField I never get to use the whole GUID (uniqueidentifier)?
Anyone have a suggestion as to how I can compare my WHOLE GUID to the COMMAND.DataField?
Thanks!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum