Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Topic: Database Update on Report Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 5:10am
Here's a simple one (I hope). I would like a Crystal report to display the date of the last update to the database when the report is run. How can I do this? Thanks!
Joined: 25 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 2:47am
If you are using a CRviewer than just update the the database before going into the viewer. If you are going directly to printing then just update the database before printing.
Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 2:50am
I am updating the spreadsheet before viewing and printing. What I am trying to do is have the date and time that I updated the spreadsheet display on the report.
Joined: 25 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 3:16am
I see...you can access the file information and print the Modified: information. You can find it in the "General" tab when you go to File->Properties->Tab "General" when you open up your excel file in Excel. I'm not sure how you are creating the Database in your CR but it's a property of the file so you should be able to read the information
Joined: 25 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 3:43am
FileDateTime("location of file here") what you'll be calling and this will give you the date modified. I'm not sure what you are using but in VB this is what you'll need to do.
Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 4:49am
This does not work in Crystal. When I tried the FILECREATIONDATE function, it returned the date that the report was created, not the date the database (spreadsheet) was updated.
Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 6:10am
I'm using Crystal Reports v9, and the database is actually an excel spreadsheet. I am exporting data into Excel from a ticket management system, and the report is designed to view all ticket details from the export.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum