Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Passing a string value into a subreport Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
onlyhuman
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote onlyhuman Replybullet Topic: Passing a string value into a subreport
     Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 10:25am
I am trying to pass a string value into a subreport for "select expert" record selection When I use a parameter no values are found. However if I exchange my parameter with a static value such as "Username" the records print fine.

I am using an ODBC(RDO) connection.
It is an SQL Remedy Database.
CR 9.2.3.1256
The parameters are linked to the subreport via subreport links.

In Main report  {?Username} = String setup
{?Username} = {@Name}
{Pm-@name} is the parameter in the subreport.

Selection Expert formula below (Not Working)

{table.date} > {@Start Date} and
{table.date} < {@Real End Date} and
{table.Submitter} ="*{Pm-@Name}*" and
{table.Type} = "Problem" and
NOT({table.Log} LIKE "*{Pm-@Name}*") and
{table.area} <> "Area"

Selection Expert formula below (Working)
The only difference between this and above is that parameter field is replaced with a static value

{table.date} > {@Start Date} and
{table.date} < {@Real End Date} and
{table.Submitter} ="*User*" and
{table.Type} = "Problem" and
NOT({table.Log} LIKE "*User*") and
{table.area} <> "Area"












Edited by onlyhuman - 04 Sep 2010 at 3:38am
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 3:35am

Perhaps there is a space of someother character so that the field does not exactly match.

Does it work for other static values?  Perhaps User is a fluke...one never knows
IP IP Logged
onlyhuman
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote onlyhuman Replybullet Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 6:01am
Good Suggestion. I had already thought of that. It is actually a copy paste. If I take the working formula and highlight "User" and just replace it with my parameter field no spaces are added/removed. It still does not work.

I do know that passing string values through subreports does work as i have another subreport that uses multiple parameters to select data and it works fine as well.


Edited by onlyhuman - 03 Sep 2010 at 9:27am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum