Topic: populating dynamic parameters Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 4:31am
I have
a SQL stored procedure which I am basing a Crystal XI r2 report on, using an
ODBC connection. The stored procedure returns around 250,000 records for a 3
month period. I'd like to have a dynamic cascading parameter for customer group
> customer. In those 250,000 records, I have approximately 8 customer groups
and 40 customers, so the final lists are not long.
However, the customer group and customer parameters are not fully populating.
How many do populate appears to be determined by how I sort the table in SQL.
If I sort by customer, I'll only see one customer group and customer. If I
change it to sort by purchase date, I'll see many more, but not those that have
only recently purchased. So my conclusion is that Crystal is not searching the entire table to
find all possible customer groups and customers.
Is this possible? How many records will Crystal
accept to populate the cascading parameters? How do I increase this number? Is
there another way to do this?
FYI. I do have a customer table, but there are many inactive customers in this
table that may have had purchases during this time frame. If I only include
active customers, I'll miss these customers. And if I include all customers,
I'll get a much longer list than I'd like for the users to sort through. I
really need to pull the customer groups and customers out of the purchase data.
Joined: 23 Aug 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 11:53am
@DBlank, if there are 8 customer groups and 40 customers, then the above lists shouldn't be anywhere close to the 1000-item list limit. This appears to be a totally different issue.
I am having a similar problem in that the first parameter of my cascade should show 8 items, but I have not been able to get it to show more than two.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 12:00pm
I could be wrong but I think that it is based on total number of rows from the source that it is reading not GROUPED amounts.
My understanding is that you could have a list of 2 LOV values and 100,001 rows. If the second LOV value is in the last row it will omit it from the LOV
(assuming the registry is set to the mentioned 100,000 limit)
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum