Hello
I would like to extract specific text from a memo field - currently using CR 2008.
Text in the memo fields can look like something like these:
Record 1:
TltPrice from 2 to 1
Cost from 20 to 30
DaysSupply from 1 to 5
Qty from 0 to 1
Record 2:
Cost from 50 to 22
DaysSupply from 7 to 2
Qty from 2 to 1
TltPrice from 5 to 10
so on and so forth... (DaysSupply does not have the same line number every time)
What I have done is created a Formula Field called MemoField and in the Formula Editor entered the original memo field -since Crystal does not "support" memo fields. I filtered the @MemoField to show anything like *DaysSupply* in the Record Expert.
I ran the report and did get only the records that do have "DaysSupply" in that memo field, BUT I am also viewing all the other text in that memo field.
I would like to view ONLY the DaysSupply line. Is that possible?
I have also been reading about using the INSTR & LEFT functions, but am confused how to apply it. I tried this as well:
if instr({PatientsLog.Msg},"DaysSupply")>0 then
true
else
false
FYI - {PatientsLog.Msg} is the original memo field.
Can this be done? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!