Home
Crystal Reports Training
Crystal Reports XI
Crystal Reports .NET
Crystal Reports Forum
News
Tech Support
Active Topics
Memberlist
Search
Help
Register
Login
Report Design
Crystal Reports Forum
:
Crystal Reports 9 through 2022
:
Report Design
Topic: Trimming or separating
Author
Message
repstronics
Newbie
Joined: 31 Aug 2010
Location: Mexico
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Topic: Trimming or separating
Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 5:21am
I have a field that has the date and time in the same field something like:
20100802 18:11
I want to trim or separate thos 2 values and put them on a field on the report how can I do this? it's a string(14)
Thanks in advance
Regards
IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 5:45am
left(Field,8)
right(field,5)
IP Logged
repstronics
Newbie
Joined: 31 Aug 2010
Location: Mexico
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 5:56am
Do I insert that on the formula on text interpretation or where should I put that?
IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 6:00am
Make 2 different formulas
In the Field Explorer
Right click on the Formula Fields
select New
name it as Date (or whatever you want)
left({
table.Field}
,8)
Repeat but name it "Time"
right({
table.Field}
,5)
Replace the {table.Field} with your actual table and field name
IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 6:01am
you can then drag the formula fields onto the report canvas and use as desired
IP Logged
repstronics
Newbie
Joined: 31 Aug 2010
Location: Mexico
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 6:05am
Sorry I'm a newbie on this I was able to do it thanks for your help!!!
IP Logged
Printable version
Forum Jump
-- Select Forum --
Announcements
Talk with the Author
Self-Publishing
Job Postings
New feature request
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Technical Questions
Tips and Tricks
Crystal Xcelsius
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Writing Code
Tips and Tricks
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Writing Code
Tips and Tricks
You
cannot
post new topics in this forum
You
cannot
reply to topics in this forum
You
cannot
delete your posts in this forum
You
cannot
edit your posts in this forum
You
cannot
create polls in this forum
You
cannot
vote in polls in this forum
HOME
|
FREE EBOOK
|
PROGRAMMING GUIDE
|
PURCHASE
|
REVIEWS
|
CONTACT ME
|
FAQ
|
LINKS
|
PRIVACY
|
CLICK PLAYS
|
BAEZL
© 2004-2026 Brian Bischof. All Rights Reserved.