Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Can't Grab Null Records Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
CMEPCMEP
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 26 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote CMEPCMEP Replybullet Topic: Can't Grab Null Records
     Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 10:56am

Gentlemen | Ladies:

 

I need sales quantity for 2008 and 2009 for anything with a current on hand quantity.  However, it is not giving me items with a current on hand quantity if there was no sales history at all, ever, regardless of year.  I would think these are null records.  I have “Default Value For Nulls” set and I tried “Left Outer Join” and neither is working.

 

If I need to do a null formula in Select Expert, could you type that out for me?  I’d greatly appreciate it. I’m new and struggling.  Select Expert currently looks like this:

 

({IM_ItemWarehouse.QuantityOnHand} <> 0.00) and

{ItemTransactionHistory.TransactionCode} in [“SO”]

 

(“SO” is my transaction type for sales.  I am grabbing the 2008 and 2009 years outside of Select Expert in a formula field.)

IP IP Logged
Jim257
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 17 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Jim257 Replybullet Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 8:55am
Sounds to me like the LEFT OUTER JOIN is going the wrong way in teh Link section.

Right-click on the link between the two tables (the left outer join) and select Reverse Link, or whatever it is. That may work.

ISNULL({fieldname}) is a boolean that tests for NULLS, so maybe something like this:

(({IM_ItemWarehouse.QuantityOnHand} <> 0.00)
OR ISNULL({IM_ItemWarehouse.QuantityOnHand})
AND {ItemTransactionHistory.TransactionCode} in [“SO”]
IP IP Logged
CMEPCMEP
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 26 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote CMEPCMEP Replybullet Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 10:02am

I worked this out last night.  It was via a Mas90 forum, same post.  It had nothing to do with nulls or links.  Check it out.  Good stuff.

 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum